Our vision is to ensure the most successful outcomes for all our pupils especially those with special and/or additional needs through a shared moral purpose and the development of outstanding practice across the Alliance. This vision is underpinned by our commitment to the Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education which came out of the Ethical Leadership Commission established by ASCL and others in 2018 because of the lack of guiding principles for ethical leadership in education. We will ensure that we abide by its 7 principles to support our decision making. These principles are;
Selflessness Integrity Objectivity Accountability Openness Honesty Leadership
In order to achieve our vision we will:
- Foster a culture of openness, honesty and trust within and beyond the Alliance
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for all students including students with SEN / AEN through high-quality teaching and learning
- Direct activities to impact on standards and ensure that school-based CPD impacts on classroom practice and the progress of students
- Embrace our collective role in meeting needs across the local area
- Evaluate our practice to ensure national key performance indicators are met within our local context.
Our key objectives this year are:
- Secure sufficient School Direct appointments to meet need across MSTA
- Ensure we continue to provide course input to partner HEIs (larger student group)
- Run the School Direct (Salaried and Training Route) in partnership identified HEI providers: Equalitas, St Mary’s Twickenham and LSBU, training up to 15 teachers
- To review need across the Alliance, refine courses and wider CPLD offer so targeting the highest identified needs.
- Working with partners regionally and nationally to provide high quality CPD opportunities.
- Delivery of NPQML and NPQSL programmes
- Delivery of NQT+ programme
- NaSENCO training in partnership with Roehampton University
- Providing bespoke CPD for Merton CAMHS
- Support schools in our area who meet the NCTL definition of 'in need of support'
- Support schols by offering bespoke reviews including SEND, Finance and Pupil Premium.
Our working practices
As leaders we will show leadership through the following personal virtues and ensure that the practice across the Alliance reflects our commitment to each of them as follows;
Trust Wisdom Kindness Justice Service Courage Optimism