Our vision is to ensure the most successful outcomes for all our pupils especially those with special and/or additional needs through a shared moral purpose and the development of outstanding practice across the Alliance.
In order to achieve our vision we will:
- Foster a culture of openness, honesty and trust within and beyond the Alliance
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for students with SEN / AEN through high-quality teaching and learning
- Direct activities to impact on standards and ensure that school-based CPD impacts on classroom practice and the progress of students
- Embrace our collective role in meeting needs across the local area
- Evaluate our practice to ensure national key performance indicators are met within our local context.
The Merton Special Teaching Alliance serves local schools by offering:
- Initial Teaching Training
We offer teaching practice placements for PGCE and BA QTS student teachers, specialist option tuition for PGCE students and a successful School Direct Programme.
- Continuous Professional and Leadership Development
We have developed a comprehensive programme of courses and conferences to enhance teaching and learning.
- School to School Support
We provide expert school-to-school support for member schools and for schools outside the Alliance.
Our working practices are:
- Solution-focused and driven by outcomes
- Committed to providing opportunities for schools to contribute and receive where opportunities can, in effect, become cost neutral
- Committed to providing sustainable staffing structures so that the main strategic partners can find resources to invest in this work
- Committed to a sustainable model whereby the TSA can continue to function independently of any funding streams made available