We are proud to be part of the Ambition NPQ Alliance, delivering National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in partnership with Ambition Institute, the graduate school for teachers, school leaders and system leaders. We design, manage and deliver a bespoke NPQSL offer around the core NPQ curricula, content and resources that Ambition Institute provides. Ambition Institute also provides facilitator training and quality assurance to help us deliver the best possible development to participants. Ambition Institute, as the accredited licence holder, is also responsible for the assessment of all NPQ submissions. You can find out more about Ambition Institute, the Alliance and its outcomes by visiting their website. We work closely with Ambition Institute to ensure our offer meets all the requirements and metrics as set out by the Department for Education in the NPQ Quality Framework and the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework.
More information about our partnership can be found by accessing their Transparency Partner Guidance document
We deliver the Department for Education’s NPQSL, in partnership with Ambition Institute. Each NPQ – regardless of level – covers seven leadership behaviours and six competencies:
• Commitment • Collaboration • Personal drive • Resilience • Awareness • Integrity • Respect
• Strategy and Improvement• Leading with Impact• Teaching and Curriculum Excellence• Managing Resources and Risk• Working in Partnership• Building Capacity
In order to complete your chosen NPQ you will be required to:
• Attend all training sessions and any other requirements set out by the provider.
• Complete an in-school project and submit a write-up of this project (showing how, through completion of this project, you have evidenced the required competencies and behaviours).
-This project must last for at least two terms.
-The NPQSL require completion of one project only
-You must submit your write-up and all evidence within 18 months of the start of your programme.
Please see the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework for more detail about your chosen NPQ, including assignments and placements.
To support you in the completion of your chosen NPQ our offer includes as standard:
• Expert-designed curriculum, content and resources which align to the required leadership behaviours and competencies, provided by Ambition Institute
• Minimum 18 hours of face-to-face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
• Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
• Option of a Viva
• A network of peers and relevant experts
• Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
• Trained and quality assured facilitators of whom at least 50% are serving school leaders
Our NPQSL Delivered in partnership with Ambition Institute
Programme structure and components: 6 face to face or online sessions lead by Merton school leaders
Programme duration: Taught sessions November 2021 - June 2021 (dates below)
Type and hours of study: Online sessions (possibility of face to face sessions if restrictions allow)
Eligibility and application process and timelines: Applications with support of sponsor/headteacher to be made here:
Cost of programme including assessment: £800 per participant or £700 if more than one from the same school
Cohort size: up to 20